What Is YouthMax?
YouthMAX is a youth leadership curriculum, designed to give today’s young people practical tools and ideas to help them navigate life in four key areas:
1. Stand Up & Be Counted (Stop Bullying)
2. Learning to Fail Forward to Success
3. Developing a Positive Self-Image
4. Developing Strong Personal Character.
Learning To Fail Towards Success
- Most teens believe that all failure is bad and should be avoided. In fact, failing is the most important part of success.
- Those who fear failure will not take the steps to fail forward.
- YouthMAX will provide youth with facts about failure, how to failcorrectly and how to move forward to success after failure.
Stand Up And Be Counted
- 1 in 7 students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
- 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because ofrepeated bullying.
- YouthMAX will help equip youth to take responsibility, to help others,and be a hero by righting a wrong.
- YouthMAX will equip youth to stand up, lift up and pick up others.
Developing Strong Personal Character
A survey released by the Josephson Institute of Ethics on the values and ethical actions of high school students shows:
- A majority of students admitted cheating on a test, with many doing itmore than two times.
- Students even confessed they lied on some of the survey questions,which the Josephson Institute said is typically an attempt to conceal misconduct.
- YouthMAX will equip youth to form/build character by aligning values,thoughts, feelings, and actions to help ensure victories in their lives, both now and in the future.
- YouthMAX will reinforce the thought process that developing goodcharacter traits is the best insurance for handling difficult days in the future through determination rather than discouragement.
Developing A Positive Self-Image
- Positive self-image can be the greatest determining factor in success.
- Positive self-image does not begin with what we do or what we have,it begins with who we are and who we think we are.
- Positive self-esteem helps teens cope with emotional stress; thiscorrelates with success in later life.
- Confidence and the willingness to try new challenges can lead teens togreater academic success, earning scholarships and/or receiving other learning opportunities.
- YouthMAX will help youth understand the importance of self-image.
- YouthMAX will offer ways to develop a positive self-image throughself-respect.
Wondering How We Can Help YOU?
Just reach out to me – Anne… I’d love to hear all about your goals and dreams and share our programs with you. No pressure! Getting on the phone is the best way to explore how we can work together to help you, your family and/or your organization ACCELERATE TO AWESOME.